Sunday, August 21, 2011

School starts tomorrow, I have been working in my classroom all weekend. I think I am ready for students. I will be teaching U.S. History, U.S. Government, Social Studies, 3 gym classes and I will be the girls basketball coach. I will fly to all the villages for the games, that is awesome, plus, I did not know until after I volunteered that our girls team was state runner-up last year. Plenty of talent on the team.
I returned to Kivalina last Thursday, we have been working in the school getting ready for all the kids to come back in. I measured me walk from the house to the school in number of steps, it is 64 steps from my door to the school steps. I did post some pictures on Saturday and Friday of more scenery, if you missed them scroll down on my FB profile and you will see them. Need to do a couple more things then go watch a movie and eat.

1 comment:

  1. What an adventure you are having! Nice to read your blog and see the pictures!
    be safe!

    ReplyDelete